Sunday, May 25, 2008

Trying to find that stronger woman in me

First post here!

I'm a Christian, 30-something woman with 4 great daughters who just found out her alcoholic, drug using husband of 14 years has cheated on me two nights ago.
I confronted him and told him it was over.
Now I have to find the stronger woman in me to get me and my children through this and out the other side in good shape.
It's difficult for me because I was totally financially dependent on him.
Now we'll have our water and electric turned off Tuesday morning and I'm getting evicted in 7 days. I just graduated from nursing school, so my financial future looks okay, if I can get through these tough days ahead.
I dont have any family in the state and they cant help financially anyhow.
I am all alone with my girls and have no idea what is going to happen to us.

BUT I have FAITH that we'll be okay somehow.

For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
Jeremiah 29:10-12

So, anyhow, these will be my thoughts as I struggle through the land of the locusts, as I try and heal my shattered heart, my childrens hearts and find my way to higher ground as a newly single mom doing it all alone with no help.

No comments: